Today, I was introduced to the magical world of Angel Cards.
For those of you who dont know what Angel Cards are, they're cards (obviously) with messages on them. You ask the deck of cards a question, shuffle and pick. Hopefully you get something that will relate back to your question. If you dont, your brain will tell you it should fit and you'll jump to a logical conclusion. Basic psychology.
Anyway, this Angel Card said 'The worst is now behind you and you are surmounting any previous challenges.' Well. Considering the question I asked was about a problem I am CURRENTLY having, this wasn't much use. However, it sparked a rather interesting conversation...
You see, my life is full of drama. And I don't mean in a 'oh my gosh, my iphone won't recieve texts!' kind of way. Any situation that could potentially go wrong, will go wrong. Its just a simple fact of the 'Sophie' condition. When I read my card out and turned my nose up at it, I got the response..
'Yeah, but if your life wasnt full of drama, you wouldnt be happy anyway...'
So. True.
I may complain an awful lot about the crap I go through on a day to day basis, but I wouldnt have it any other way. I'd rather inflict the pain on myself than I would choose anyone else to go through it.
I'm so selfless. And modest. Obviously.
Anyway, none of this matters. I spoke to my Dad (a hippy) earlier and he told me I was using the cards wrong, hence the confusing reading. Something about tapping the cards before I shuffled to knock the last question out of them.
Sceptical about Angel Cards?
Definitely.
Did it stop me buying a pack for myself?
No. No it didn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment