Letting go of something is never easy. I don't mean in the cliched, romantic way as such, just in general.
For example, last time I went home I was tidying my room (yes, it does happen occasionally) and I knocked a box off my shelf. Out of it fell these two tiny little shoes. Doodles, they were called. Bright blue with little white painted flowers on them. I must have had them since I was five, but somehow I could never get rid of them. They're pretty ruined now. There's mud stains over the flowers and the toes are so scuffed that the blue material underneath is beginning to show through. Mum told me to throw them out, but somehow, I just couldn't.
Now, I have no memories attached to these Doodles, but there's something in the way that they looked up at me sadly out of the little battered box, that made me close the lid and put them back on the shelf. I suppose its the same in life though. Sometimes, you can think you have no emotional attachment to something, but as soon as you try and cut it out of your life, you realize you can't.
Its just that feeling that your life is somehow going to be less without it, even if it is just throwing away a pair of shoes. I suppose you can't get rid of things like that, because one day you know you're going to find it again, and be reassured that whenever you look for it, it will always be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment